Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MINE!

Now, Lily can't actually SAY "mine" yet, but she certainly has the concept! I made quesadillas for dinner. I had one in my hand and I was carrying Lily in the other hand. She reached for my quesadilla so I broke off a piece and handed it to her. She shoved it in her mouth lightning fast and then snatched the rest out of my hand! :o I tried to take it back because she's not so smooth with the solid foods yet and I wanted to give her smaller pieces, but she tucked it up against her chest and curled her body around it! When I tried more agressively to get it away from her, she held it over her head and as far away from me as she could get it. Everytime I got close to snagging it, she would move it away again! It was hilarious and so cute! Finally I just gave up. She gnawed on that quesadilla and worked really hard getting bites off of it (no teeth yet...), so I offered my help tearing off pieces but she just would not have it! Like before, she played keep-away with MY quesadilla! LOL Her perserverence paid off, though. She put away the vast majority of that piece all by herself!

No comments: