Monday, November 3, 2008

My moniter is here!!

Oh jump for joy, my video baby moniter is here!!!
Dan had a decent day at work and got home pretty early. In addition to that, Lily took a marathon nap....over 3 hours! :o I'm in heaven! Just after I left to get the kids from school Dan went and got the mail and there was my baby moniter! What torture to not get to open it as soon as it arrived!! *sigh*

I picked up April and we headed over to Walmart to look for a series of books that comes highly recommended by my online friends. It's the Twilight series. Apparently it's VERY good, so I bought the series of books and a few other things (a nightlight and taggie blanket for Lily and 2 pairs of tights for April) and went to pick up the boys from their friend's house (they walk to his house after school). When I got home Lily was still napping and Dan was also napping on the couch in the basement! LOL Lily woke up shortly after I got home and I desperately wanted to set my baby moniter, but Dan was sleeping! AH! I can't win! LOL

Finally he stirred a little and I immediately told him that Lily was awake and I wanted to install the moniter! He had to mount it on the wall, so it really wasn't something I could/would do on my own!!

Our old audio only moniter had TERRIBLE reception and had static a huge percentage of the time! The new moniter is soooooooo much better! It's really high quality. I haven't heard even a little bit of static and best of all, my video image of Lily is crystal clear! YAY! I couldn't wait to put her down in bed for the night so I peek at her on the moniter!! I'm so pathetic...now every time I look at it I'm blowing her kisses (rather I'm blowing the moniter kisses...). LOL She is just so darn cute! The moniter has infared lights on it, so I get a good clear picture of her even in the pitch black! During the day it has a color picture. Well, now it hangs on the wall, and it has a green light on it, so if she's awake she's looking at it! LOL It looks like she's looking right at me!! It's so cute!

Here is a picture I took of the moniter showing Lily sleeping in the pitch black bedroom. TO give you an idea of how dark this room is, there are no lights on in the room, not even a nightlight, and the windows are tinted, limo tint, to keep out the majority of the street light or light from the moon!




No comments: