Thursday, November 13, 2008

Parent/Teacher conferences

Today was the day for parent/teacher conferences. Since Andrew's IEP meeting was just Monday I didn't have one for him. Matt's was at 6pm and April's was at 6:45. I was alittle annoyed that there was such a time gap (they usual schedule them one right after the other), but it ended up being a good thing! I got to Matt's right at 6pm, but his teacher was running behind....a full half hour behind! Since Apri's meeting was at the *other* school (off-campus), I wasn't able to stay for Matt's meeting. She gave me his progress report and said that he's doing well and she enjoys having him in her class. She is going to call me on Tuesday to finish the meeting. He is doing very well in all subjects!

I got to April's meeting with about 10 minutes to spare but her teacher was running late, too! LOL Her teacher, Ms Stroh, said that this year they only allowed 15 minutes per meeting and last year they allowed 30 minutes and that's why all of the teachers were behind!! Anyways, I got in with Ms Stroh at about 6:55. She absolutey RAVED about April! They use some strange grading system here, M for mastery (90%), C for competent (70%), I for improving (30%) and p for practicing (10%) or something like that. Anyways, April had straight M's!! Go April! Her teacher was going through all of the subjects and for everyone said "April loved this one!" LOL She said April is very empathetic, a trait that is not usually developed at this age, and caring. She said that April will pull a child that has not been included. She said April LOVES to learn, picks up on things VERY quickly and retains it extremely well! She predicts that April will be reading by Christmas! She said that she's already sad that she will have to send April off to 1st grade in the spring! LOL She just loves April and the feeling is mutual!

In other news, Lily woke at 3am with a fever this morning. I gave her motrin and nursed her and she went back to sleep around 4am. Whenever she cries the last couple of days she sounds like she's going hoarse. It just sounds awful! She's been crying more than usual, too, because she hasn't been feeling really well. She's completely uninterested in solid foods, although she will at least taste them and sometimes eat them, but she is just not feeling like herself poor baby!

We had a busy morning this morning. First we had to get out and get Chris to school and rush back home for Lily's nap. She slept for over 2 hours (holy cow!) and I had to wake her up so we could go pick up Chris! When we got there his teacher told me that we had been approved for a bus! YAY! Starting next Tuesday Chris will be rising a school bus (the short one) to school! I am SO excited!! Then we took April to school and went grocery shopping at Walmart. First we stopped for lunch at McDonalds (in Walmart). While chewing I felt a little pain in one of my teeth and, to my DEEP upset, found that I broke a tooth. Honestly, I had already written this tooth off. It's a wisdom tooth that was never supposed to come in (my mouth is not big enough and it was impacted) and the dentist suggested pulling it a couple of years ago. It's so far back that I can't open my mouth wide enough to brush it, so it immedietly (and I mean within a couple of months of it coming in) got a cavity in it. But, it hasn't been bothering me, so I've just left it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Well, now it's broke! :( A piece actually broke off of it. It still doesn't hurt, but I KNOW I have to go have it pulled now....I am procrastinating, I know! We have a HMO dentist, so I a PCP and I don't know who it is (oh that says horrible things about me and dentist visits!) and I don't know how to find out either! LOL So, I'm putting it off. I can't put it off much longer, though, because that tooth is just going to go downhill from here....

Anyways, after lunch we went shopping. Dan got off work really early and he net us there (he wanted to buy some new work boots). He bought the boots and he and Chris headed home while Lily and I finished up shopping. She was being an ANGEL and impossibly cute! I seriously had at least 5 people comment on how cute she was. She kept smiling her big gummy smiles at everyone and at one point she was giggling nearly to the point of hysterics! There is nothing in the world like a baby's giggle to make everyone nearby stop and grin! She fell asleep in the car on the way home (I had hoped she would). I moved her to bed where she took another good, 1 1/2 hour, nap. I got home, got the groceries put away and turned right around to go pick the kids up from school! Got home from that and Dan and I made dinner just for me to head right back out for the conferences! I feel like I haven't been home all day! LOL

No comments: