Friday, October 24, 2008

My day off....

Let's see....Chris, Matt and April started fighting and screaming at each other at 7:30 this morning. I got to sleep in an hour, I should be grateful, right? Then I fought all morning with Matt to get his chores done, Lily did not nap for more than 5 minutes and Chris unrolled the brand new roll of toilet paper that I just put up last night....this was all before lunch....Some day off!

Since she didn't nap this morning she took a loooooong nap this afternoon! Dan got home from work at a decent time. He's on-call this weekend. We are also planning a trip to a pumpkin patch this weekend (one with a corn maze!) and I am getting NEW snow tires put on! Yesterday we stopped at Discount Tire to get an estimate on the tires and it was really good! Because of Dan's connections they took $130 off the price! Apparently these are THE snow tires to have. Dan describes them as soft and sticky to give you good traction on the snow and ice. I asked the salesman (an old co-worker of Dan's) what was so special about them and he said "They're awesome!" like that explained it all! LOL Men and tires! So anyways, tomorrow I get "awesome" snow tires! Dan says they will only last me two winters before we will have to replace them. Ugh!


I digress. Dan's on-call this weekend. He got home at a decent time, sat down at his computer and got comfortable. I said "Yay! It's the weekend, even if you are on call" and he said "DOH!" He forgot he was on-call and left the on-call book at work in Greeley. *sigh* So, once Lily was up from her nap (4:30) we got to take a drive out to Greeley. Then up to *almost* Fort Collins to pick up the Titan. Then home for dinner....Lily had sweet potatoes and applesauce for dinner and LOVED it! The applesauce was yummy! She and I shared a bowl of just applesauce while waiting for the sweet potatoes to warm up....This morning she had pears again and oh my does she love pears!! I can't blame her, they are pretty yummy if I do say so myself! :) I just had a little taste, really! It's like the peaches all over again! Too yummy! I keep telling Dan that she is eating better than the rest of us and I'm jealous! :P


As I was looking through the laundry basket for jammies for Lily I found 3 hats for her. I tried them on her and I was shocked that she didn't try to pull them right back off again!!


It is so much easier taking her picture now that she's sitting up for me! Very helpful!!

Some were kind of small on her....

And, after trying on all 3 hats, the resulting hat-head!

It's ok, she's still a cutie pie!

No comments: