Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yucky night!

So, last night I went to bed at about 11:45. I changed into my jammies and went to crawl into bed just to stick my hand into something wet! Yuck! At first I thought it was a leaky diaper, but it was really to early for that...so I took a sniff...VOMIT! Yuck! I flipped on the light and poor Lily was sleeping in a puddle of throw up! It was soaked into her jammies and caked in her hair! I had the baby moniter on, but I hadn't heard it happen and she didn't cry (she fussed a little, but went right back to sleep, so I thought she was ok). Dan changed the sheets on our bed while I gave Lily a sponge bath and washed her hair (she LOVES to have her hair washed and looked she was going to go back to sleep while I washed it!). He finished first and went downstairs to sleep on the futon. Just as I was getting ready to get her dressed she threw up again...all over her clean self and all over me! This time I just dipped her in the bath tub (and changed my clothes)! I got her dressed quickly and nursed her for 45 minutes until she was fast asleep! I laid her down at 1 am and she slept fine for the rest of the night! She woke up once to eat, which is usual (and understandable after you throw up everything that was in there!). Chris woke up at 6:30 am, though, wailing! I ran in there, worried about what I might find, but everything was fine! I asked him what was wrong and he said "I need blankets on me!" I was SO mad! He woke up me, Andrew, Matt AND poor sick Lily by wailing for someone to come cover him up when he knows how to do that himself! It took me half an hour to get Lily back to sleep and she only slept for about half an hour....





The kids had a field trip today (yes, on Sunday) with the Outdoor Club. They go hiking once a month in the National Park. April had a rough morning getting ready to go. She didn't want to wear her hiking boots so she cried over that and then she cried because the boys didn't fasten her seat belt...Dan did. She almost got herself left at home with that behavior! Dan and the 3 big kids left at 7:45 to meet up with the rest of the club. They were gone for most of the day!





Lily spent the morning rolling around on the floor and learning how to play chess...
















You know, I take too many pictures and then can't seem to pick just one or two of the best ones! LOL Is there such a thing as too many pictures??


After learning about chess, Lily took a 3 hour nap! Totally took me off-guard! That never happens! Chris was going down for his nap just as Lily was getting up....of course!


Dan and the kids got home around 3pm. Apparently April whined about everything and Matt cried wolf (pretending to slide downa rock towards the running water and calling for help when he did not truely need it). Shortly after they got home Lily was ready for another nap, so Dan, Lily and I napped (Chris was still in bed, too) for about an hour. I was really dragging all day after the rough night! Lily has seemed to fine ever since, though, thankfully!

No comments: