Monday, October 20, 2008

We have a baby-sitter!

And I don't mean the kind you leave your children with!!





Ladies and Gentlemen, she is sitting completely unsupported!!! Today she sat unsupported for 300 times longer than she ever has before!! Her previous sitting record was 1 second, today she sat for 5 minutes...maybe even more!! She balanced herself perfectly, even going so far as to lean over and correct herself! I was in shock! Has she been practicing this when I wasn't looking?? How does someone go from not being able to do something AT ALL, to being a pro at it over night??
Check her out in this video (and don't miss the silly tongue action at the end!!)

So, all milestones with Lily are bittersweet since she's the last! Not 15 minutes before she sat unsupported I was thinking about how I've told her all of her life that there is no rush and to take her time, but she's taken so much time that now I start to worry from time to time! I mean, she's almost 8 months old and not sitting?? Then I thought about how sitting was actually a good milestone...it's so much easier to reach for and play with toys, they aren't just laying down all the time....stuff like that. THEN she sat unsupported (like she was reading my mind or something...). The first thing I thought after seeing her sit there? OH! She's growing up so fast! Slow down! Slow down!! Sorry Lily, you just can't win with me! LOL I couldn't help it! When I saw her sitting there like such a big girl I just got this flash of crawling not being too far away now, shortly followed by pulling up, cruising and then walking! Yikes! I'm not ready!

No comments: