Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No rest for the weary...

Last night was the whole royal family of bad nights! Oy! I was tired to begin with, so I went to bed at 10:30 (yeah, that's early for this night owl!). Lily woke up as I came to bed and did NOT want to go back to sleep! We nursed a little, then she sucked *my* thumb a little (yeah, won't suck on her own thumb...) and then she cried a little. Dan got tired of the crying and went downstairs to sleep at 12:15. Lily finally conked out around 12:45. She woke again at 3:30 to eat and went back to sleep. At 4:30 I woke up because I smelled something. Dan didn't put Zeus out, so Zeus used our bedroom as a toilet! He left a nice *pile* by the bed. In Dan's defense, Zeus doesn't go out until 8 on weekends, so it's not like he couldn't hold it. Ever since we moved here his potty habits have been out of whack....Anyways, cleaning up the poop woke Lily and again, she was not interested in going back to sleep. For an hour she happily kicked me, pulled my hair and pinched me. Then she got tired, which means she started to scream (she hates sleep with a passion..happiest baby on earth until it's time to sleep!). She screamed inconsolably for 20 minutes before finally conking out again...at 6:15. My alarm went off at 6:30. I arose well-rested and ready for the day....NOT!! LOL



I stumbled around in a stupor getting kids ready for school and making meals. Then I fought to stay awake while driving the boys to school. It was so funny because on the way out of our neighborhood the kids were talking about the white trees and the frost on the cars...they asked what frost was and I told them (twice because of course, once isn't enough) that frost happened when the dew froze. Got to school and kicked the boys out of the car. Then, on the way home I looked at the thermometer in my car and it read 34. Holy cow! Was it really that cold? I actually opened my eyes and looked around and sure enough, there was frost EVERYWHERE! LOL I really was just driving on autopilot! Even had a whole conversation (twice) about frost and somehow missed the fact that it was all around me! LOL So, it's been cold here....



I got home and put Lily in her high chair while I heated her breakfast (acorn squash). After a few minutes I looked over at Lily and (again, opened my eyes for the first time this morning) saw that her cheeks were BRIGHT red! At first I thought she might have a fever, but she was normal temp. Second thought was 5th disease. I went and looked it up online and it answered A LOT of questions. (5th's disease is the 5th of 6 viruses that are related to rashes...very common in childhood!) Apparently 5th disease starts out as a mild cold...congestion, runny nose...check! Then the *cold* goes away and you think the person is better...check! Next the person develops a bright red rash on their cheeks that makes them look slapped...check! Ok, I'm no Dr, but I'm pretty well convinced!

By the way, it's very hard to get a picture of this child's cheeks! LOL The flash washes her out, but there just wasn't enough sun for natural light! *sigh* This was the best I could do.




The information I read said that it can cause headaches, joint pain and sore throat....it just explains so many things! Speaking of which, did I mention that she's been refusing solids lately? A couple days ago she started refusing anything with texture...Sunday night she refused yellow squash with oatmeal (a favorite) and yesterday she refused peas, but last night she goggled up the butternut squash! I guess her throat must be sore and so she's favoring things that side down easily and rejecting anything that's lumpy. Oh well, at least she's nursing well!

Oh, on a funny side note....I STILL haven't gone to the store! LOL It was a full week ago that I mentioned needing to go and here it is, a week later, still no groceries! I really NEED to go now....we are completely out of milk! :o It's a catastrophy! So, I guess tomorrow I will have to make a VERY strong effort to drag myself out of bed with enough time to get everyone out the door publically acceptable...HAHAHAHAHA

No comments: