Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our schedule

It occured to me that some of you may not know what our daily routine is. Here it is, in all it's glory!

6:30am- up for the day, getting ready for school, breakfast and making lunches
7:30- leave with all the kids to take Andrew and Matt to school
8am- Lily eats breakfast
8:30 nurse Lily and put her down for a nap (she's asleep around 9)
10am- Lily is usually up from her nap, give April a bath
10:45am- make lunch for the kids, eat lunch, get April ready for school
11:40am- leave to take April to school
noon- put Chris down for a nap, nurse Lily and put her down for a nap (usually down by 12:30)

Lily's afternoon nap is variable. Sometimes she only sleeps one hour, then I'll spend another 30 minutes getting her to go back to sleep for another hour. Other times she'll sleep the whole hour on her own.

3pm- leave with the 2 little ones to pick up the big kids from school (if Dan's home he'll stay home with the little 2, but that hasn't been happening much lately)
3:15- pick up April and go to a friend's house to wait for the boys
3:45- the boys get out of school at 3:30, but they walk to a nearby friends house where I pick them up to avoid the after school mess of traffic!
4pm- go home, nurse Lily, start dinner, have the kids do homework
5pm- Lily eats dinner, we eat whenever it's ready
6pm- send the kids to take a shower, watch some TV
6:30pm- nurse and put Lily down for the night (usually asleep before 7:30)
7:30pm- kids read for half an hour. Andrew reads to April, Matt reads to Chris
8pm- kids go to bed
9pm- Dan goes to bed
11pm- I go to bed

I am really hating half day kindergarten! It's a real pain to make so many trips to and from the school and the kids are in and out of their car seats an average of 4 times a day!! Lily is starting to protest the amount of car seat time....poor baby. There is just no other option! The other downside to so many trips to and from school is the gas that it uses! I use about half a tank of gas (about $50 worth) every week just running kids around and grocery shopping!! Starting Nov 4th Chris will be going to half-day morning school. His class will go from 8:30-11:30, so I will drop him off after the boys and pick him up on the way to drop April off at school. Thankfully it fits in with times that I'm already out, but I see that there is going to be some wait time....

No comments: