Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Strawberries!!

The kids were outside playing soccer and I asked them to check the strawberry plants and see if there were any ready to be picked. Turns out there were! Considering that just 3 months ago these plants were completely dead and black, it's amazing that we've gotten anything off of them, but seriously, we need more! Apparently the birds really like the strawberries, too, because they've eaten at least half of them! Next year Dan is going to build a cage of wood and chicken wire to protect the strawberries, but this year we are just going to have to share!

After the birds took their half, we had only 4 strawberries left!



Those 4 strawberries disappeared in 4 seconds.......

4.....


3....


2.......


1.....



GONE!! I'm glad they like the strawberries, but *I* didn't get any! :( LOL Oh well, next year we will have twice as many. Of course, then I'm sure Lily will be scarfing them down, too!

No comments: