Saturday, October 4, 2008

Birthday Party Day!!

Today Dan had to get up at 4am, even though it's Saturday, to go finish up the deliveries he didn't get done yesterday! No big deal to me, since I just slept through his departure as usual. :) He arrived back home about the time the rest of us were getting up and he brought our usual Saturday doughnuts! It's a tradition around here....doughnuts on Saturday! Always!

Our first assignment was to frost the 6 dozen cupcakes that made on Thursday!! Dan was extremely helpful!! I used food coloring to make colorful frosting (white frosting in a ziplock bag, one drop of food coloring, April helped smoosh it all together) and Dan did all of the frosting!! Then we decorated and voila!! (cupcakes after doughnuts....what a healthy day!)





Andrew's party was at the indoor swimming pool near here and we had a blast! Chris has decided he's afraid of the water, so he pretty much just spent the 2 hours walking around the edges. Lily, on the other hand, is a real little fishy! She loved being in the water, even when she started shivering (the water was much colder than usual)!! I would support her on her tummy and she would move her arms like she was swimming and kick her feet! I wish I would have gotten pictures of it, but my hands were busy...and wet! Bad bad me, I didn't take ANY pool pics! But, I did take some pictures of Andrew opening his presents!

Andrew got a new Tamogochi (because we needed more of those...), 6 choose your own adventure books, a laser tag game, a soccer ball and a dog tag, a lego toy thing (bionicle?), two wii video games (Dan LOVES the fishing! LOL) and $20!







The rest of the day was spent recooperating. Lily and I napped for 1 1/2 hours and Dan napped for 2 hours!! We were both still tired.....

No comments: