Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween!!

It was a long day for Dan at work. He got off work just in time to pick up the kids from school (yay for me!). Lily has been napping really well, so that saved me from having to wake her up!!

As soon as he got home, the costumes came out!


Now, originally, Andrew was going to be a ninja (wearing Matt's karate uniform) and even, supposedly, tried on the uniform, but when he put it on tonight, it was miles too short. Either he did not try it on like he was supposed to/said he did, or he grew about 3 inches in the last month....So, instead he wore his Darth Vadar costume from last year. It was also short, but didn't look bad.


We bought Matt a Ninja Turtle costume for this year. He was Rapheal.


We bought April a witches costume this year. For some strange reason the hat would just NOT fit her! In digging through our costumes from years past we found a witches hat from when she was 2 and that one fit! I'm still scratching my head over that one....


Chris was going to Whinnie The Pooh (an old costume that the boys have long since outgrown) and Dan tried it on him about a month ago. It was big, but Dan said it was fine. Well, tonight Dan says, no, it's way too big. So, digging through the old costumes from years past, we found the costume that Chris wore last year (and possibily the year before that also). It's a yoda costume and it really is very cute. We couldn't find the ears/head piece, though, so he looks more like Aniken or Obiwan. His hair goes well with the costume! :)


For Lily I bought a ladybug costume. I found one online that I REALLY liked and wanted, but when I went to order it, they were sold out! I was heartbroken! Thankfully I had picked up one I liked less at Target as a back-up! I was glad I did because they were also sold out the next time we went! I tried the ladybug on Lily about 6 weeks ago and it fit perfectly....well, tonight when I put it on her, it was so tight she couldn't even stretch her legs out straight! Apparently she has gained a lot of length lately....


Dan went as an evil sorcerror and I wore a victorian dress. The plans were to go to Papa Murpheys for free pizza (free personal pizza for kids in costume) and then head over to the hospital where they were having a Halloween party for the city. Free candy, free madhouse, free food, stuff like that! We got there and the line was soooooo long, so we turned around and went back home! I cooked up the pizzas, we ate dinner, and then Dan took the 5 kids trick or treating while I stayed at home to pass out candy.


Pepsi, again, gave us cans of soda to hand out! This year they gave us 3 cases of full size sodas! We only hand them out to older kids, though, candy for the little ones! Well, we had all of about 5 groups of kids stop by....we still have about 2 1/2 cases of soda and more candy than we could eat in a year (although we are trying to disprove that). Next year I will just go with Dan and the kids! It's not worth hanging around the house for that!


The weather was BEAUTIFUL! The warmest halloween we've ever seen in Colorado! It was cooling off just as they were getting home, but still not freezing.


Here are my trick or treaters!!


No comments: