Thursday, October 16, 2008

Not bad...coulda been better

Our night was going soooooo well! Lily was snuggled up with Dan all night and I guess at 3:30 she started to stir and bother him, so he rolled her over onto her back! That may not sound like much, but this girl NEVER ever ever ever sleeps on her back. It's 3:30am, we WANT her to sleep! Putting her on her back does not help with sleep! Anyways, she immedietly woke right up and did not want to go back to sleep! Dan, of course, got up at 4am and waltzed off to work while I got stay up with the baby, rubbing her back until 4:40 when she finally went back to sleep. Since her sleep pattern was thrown, off, though, she woke up every 20-30 minutes until 6:30 when my alarm went off. Coulda been better, coulda been worse (at least she didn't cry while she was awake or while going back to sleep!). Dan has been thoroughly lectured NOT to roll the baby onto her back during the sleeping hours!!


Because of her messed up sleep during the night, her naps were odd today, too. She napped at 9 like usual, but took a 2 hour nap which is HIGHLY unusual! Because her nap ran later than usual, she went down for her afternoon nap later than usual, too. She napped for an hour in the afternoon and woke up. I laid with her and got her back to sleep and she slept until 3:30...also highly unusual (and only possible because Dan got home before 3 and could stay with Lily and Chris while I picked up the big kids from school!)!! Then she went down for the night at 7, but without fuss or complaint! YAY!


As you can see, her cheeks are still unusually rosy!


Matt pulled the "I did all my homework" trick tonight. I used to pull the same one, so I didn't fall for it! :) I checked his homeowrk and while he had written answers in, they were nowhere near the correct answers (except for math)! They are working on learning where to use apostrophies. I was getting a headache reading about singular possesive nouns and plural possesive nouns that end in s (or not). And then there was another kind of noun, can't remember it now. My head was spinning and I felt a *little* bad for him, BUT I know they've gone over this in class and I'm sure he just wasn't listening! I was trying to relearn this off of a short description on his homework (thank goodness for that short description or I wouldn't have had a CLUE what he was supposed to do!). Honestly, I learned a little bit about where apostrophies go...I was always confused about that. Three of his homework pages he hadn't done ANYTHING on and when I pointed it out he said "oops." Yeah....So, he had a lot of work to get done. Matt is always trying to get away with doing a 1/2 job or no job at all if that's what he can get away with! Gotta keep a close eye on that boy!
While Matt did his homework, Andrew, April and Chris played outside. The outside time ended abruptly when someone spotted a yellowjacket. *sigh*
Dan BBQ'ed hamburgers. We didn't have any of the frozen patties from Sam's (really need to go there tomorrow....now we are almost out of toilet paper!) so he used ground beef to make patties and they were YUMMY! Lily had sweet potatoes for dinner and she just scarfed them down! Actually opening her mouth and leaning for me (normally she ignores the spoon until it's in her face or I say "more").
She scarfed the peaches this morning, too! No sour face today! I'm going to have to keep peaches a regular food in her diet so when our tree produces peaches next year, she'll be used to them!
I'm so happy tomorrow is Friday! This week just flew by....

No comments: